Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Worship!

Two posts in one day- crazy, I know! But I don't want to get too far behind.

Yesterday I went to an orphanage about an hour outside of Port-au-Prince for church. It was beautiful! Out in the country, nice breeze, green grass! But no trees. Haiti is 98% deforested, which causes lots and lots of problems.

I rode along with a group of guys from Fruit Cove, Florida who have worked with this particular orphanage for several years. It is run by a Haitian woman named Sister Marie who now has 27 children in her home, a community center, and a church. She is a busy lady! A team from Palatka First Assembly of God had been there all week serving. They led the service, which included lots of music and lots of prayer. We stayed and had lunch and took a tour of the grounds. It was a nice morning, and I got to do what I wanted to- hug a Haitian child!

Pictures!

005
The orphanage's residents sit in the front

008
Receiving prayer for healing

009


011
This beautiful little girl has TB and was on the brink of death when she came to Sister Marie's.

012
He played with this box for at least 10 minutes.

014
Bathtime for babies! They have 4 infants right now. A set of twins whose mother couldn't provide for them, the boy in the pink bucket whose mother was killed by a car while walking on the sidewalk, and one little girl who appeared on their doorstep.

015
This little guy loved to splash!

017
Please remember to pray for the babies of Haiti!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!! precious pictures of these sweet children and those receiving prayer at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am catching up on all of your blogs in one night and I am overwhelmed at these pictures. I was moved to tears at the amount of children in the orphanage. Nothing is more precious to me than my little one, and I cannot imagine watching children grow up in such conditions or being a mother without the necessities to provide for your children. It just reminds me how fortunate and blessed I am. I think what you are doing is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete