Saturday, August 7, 2010

It is official!

Well, I am officially the office administrator. Linda, my predecessor, just left. I told one of my co-workers, Eddie, "I just assumed a lot of responsibility." He agreed. Yikes!

The first couple of days have been pretty mind-numbing. I had a lot to learn, and I am sure that there will be a lot of random things that will come up over the next few weeks. But I think I have somewhat of a handle on it. Teaching has made me pretty quick on my feet. :)

I have gotten to get out of the house a couple of times already. On Thursday I went to Croix de Bouqet to a temporary shelter worksite to deliver some forgotten tools. I was able to see one of my translators from last time, and he was very surprised to see me. Yesterday Eddie and I took Linda to Epidor, a local American style fast food place, for some pizza and ice cream. So that was nice. It feels good to know that even in Haiti, there is a place that I can go for some familiar tastes. :)

Sundays are a day of rest around the CMBH (Confraternite Missionaire Baptise D'Haiti) house, so I am planning to SLEEP IN (Praise the Lord!) and take some pictures around the house. That way you guys can see where I will be spending my time.

Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment