Saturday, May 21, 2011

2011 Fruit of the Summer!

If you happened to be lucky enough to attend this year's Fruit of the Summer Reveal Celebration, you enjoyed your first taste of what promises to be a delicious season- the Summer of the Peach! Peach Bellini's were a great way to kick it off. (For those who would like to re-live the moment, you too can enjoy Peach Bellini's simply by mixing champagne and Peach nectar. Thanks, Judith!)

The whole point of picking a Fruit of the Summer is to enjoy and learn how to integrate the particular fruit into your life. So be sure to try a few new recipes, and use it as a great excuse to spend more time with friends. Please, if you come across something great, do share! I will be trying out new dishes and posting them on the blog, so stay tuned. In the meantime, I have been enjoying Chobani Peach Greek Yogurt that I picked up at Publix before leaving St. Augustine (Sadly, the closest Publix to me is Chattanooga, which is 2.5 hours away). If you have never tried Greek Yogurt, pick some up. IT IS AMAZING. Not as sweet, quite a bit thicker, and containing WAY more protein than regular yogurt, Greek Yogurt has become my breakfast staple. I can barely eat the regular kind now! I like to mix in a little Bare Naked granola for some crunch. :)

How have you been enjoying the peach?

No comments:

Post a Comment