Thursday, May 5, 2011

Good News!

I have been accepted to law school! I have been applying to schools all over the place, and have been anxiously awaiting word. I didn't get in to a couple of places, but it was ok because they were random schools that I applied to just because there were no fees.

Honestly, even though I wasn't sad about these particular schools, I kind of started freaking out. What if I didn't get in anywhere? I had no Plan B. I just knew that I couldn't stay here another year, both because I didn't want to lose my Florida state residency and because working 7 days a week and not having a church community is KILLING me.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to apply to Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville. I hadn't really thought about it because they do not have the dual degree programs that I want. I ultimately decided to because the first year at the state schools I looked at I would just take law courses anyway, and it is easier to transfer into state programs than to get in initially. I figured it would be a good "insurance" policy, if I got in, that is.

Well, I did! And I was offered a substantial scholarship as well. I am still waiting to hear from FSU, but at least I know now that even if FSU turns me down for this year, I have a spot in law school! And better yet, it is a law school very close to many of my favorite people!

I am really excited, but also really overwhelmed. I am about to commit to a path that is, frankly, pretty scary. But I definitely feel called to this, and am eager to begin.

Meanwhile, I will be in St. Augustine next weekend! I arrive late Thursday night and will leave Monday morning. Yay! I CANNOT WAIT to hug every one of those Sivyers (even you, Steve!) and to worship with my Coquina family. Rumor has it that Judith is planning a soiree, and the 2011 Fruit of the Summer just may be revealed...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Sarah!!! I'm so excited for you. Hopefully I'll get to hug you when you're in St. Augustine, too!

    ReplyDelete