Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Picture Catchup

So I am down to my last week here in Port-au-Prince. And it is bittersweet. I am definitely ready to come home, and even though I am still nervous about the future, I am ready to deal with it. But I will miss being here. I will miss telling jokes with Miguelson, little kids shouting "Blanc!" (White!) when we drive by, and I will miss feeling intimately connected with what God is doing among the poor of Haiti. I have a feeling I won't be able to really quit this place. :)

I do have some pictures! Last week I visited an orphanage in Bon Repos on behalf of some American missionaries. They are getting sponsors for children there, and she needed some pictures. So I very very willingly obliged her. Kay (part of the new permanent staff here) and I spent the afternoon there. This is where my future son lives, and it was good to hug him again. :)

Here is a selection of the MANY pictures I took:

OSAN 006

OSAN 009

OSAN 013

OSAN 018

I LOVE THIS BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

OSAN 020

OSAN 021

OSAN 071

OSAN 072

I cannot even describe how sweaty I was. I was taking pictures in the direct sunlight, and, as it turns out, HAITI IS EXCEPTIONALLY HOT.

OSAN 080

I brought them some suckers for after I took their picture. You would have thought I handed them $500 bills!

OSAN 099

OSAN 142

I handed my camera to Miguelson while I talked to the pastor, and when I loaded my pictures that evening, I had an entire series of these.

OSAN 149

One of the boys, he was 15, was fascinated by my camera. So I let him take this picture and the next two...

OSAN 150

OSAN 133

OSAN 002

OSAN 112

No comments:

Post a Comment