Thursday, August 18, 2011

Brain Break: Reggie Watts

So I am a fan of the brain break. I am 100% positive I will be taking them often now that I am in law school and spend a lot of my day reading very tedious and complicated court cases.

Which brings me to Reggie Watts. I first saw him on Conan, and was blown away. He is hard to describe, but I guess you could call him a comedic performer. Anyway, he incorporates jokes, music, anecdotes, accents, and so much more into his act. Apparently a lot of it is improvised as well. But really, he is worth watching just for the hair and sweaters.



To fully appreciate his variety, you need to watch a few of his performances. The elements are usually the same, but he is all over the place as far as content goes. Here's another Conan performance (OH MY GOSH THE SWEATER IN THIS ONE IS INCREDIBLE):



Not only is he funny, but he has actual musical talent. The way that performers are able to loop and play their instruments and vocals always mesmerizes me. Andrew Bird does it a lot too, and I love it.

This one is really different. His monologue at the beginning cracks me up. And the music is great!



He does have the tendency to get a little *colorful* at times, and the video below is an example of that. But it made me LAUGH OUT LOUD when I first heard it! Don't play if there are tiny ears around...



Thank you, Reggie Watts, for giving me a little moment of rest between reading for Contracts and Torts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment