Thursday, March 3, 2011

*Sniff, sniff*

So, I am sick. Is anyone surprised? I didn't go to work today, since supervising kids is pretty much the worst thing to do when one isn't feeling 100%. My Mom is also feeling under the weather, more so than me- she was diagnosed with bronchitis this morning. Dad is in Memphis working, so she and I are taking the opportunity to be lazy and mopey. It is pretty nice.

Things have been pretty busy at both of my jobs lately. I have been averaging 45 kids in my room daily for homework at Club, so my classroom management skills have been exercised thoroughly! Friday and Saturday we have all day training in Knoxville with Clubs from Tennessee, Kentucky, and North Carolina, so hopefully I will pick up some good tips. I really really love the staff I work with. They have been so thoughtful and willing to jump in wherever needed. This is a HUGE BLESSING. I was actually thinking the other day about how I am living what I thought was my "worst case scenario" after coming back from Haiti, and it really could be way way worse.

Bath and Body Works is. I mean, again, it could be way worse, but I am looking forward to being done with it. It's retail, and I am just not a fan. Again, I work with some pretty great girls there as well, so that makes it easier.

As a little plug, the new candles are AMAZING. Way better than Yankee Candles! My new favorite is the Caribbean Salsa:


What a good little corporate shill I am. :)

I get my LSAT score on Monday. Yipes! I am pretty nervous about it. During the test, I thought I did pretty well, and found it easier than most of my preparation material. But of course, that could be a sign that I did really well or a sign that I totally bombed it. We will all find out on Monday. Meanwhile, I am working on finishing up my applications. I am just ready for it all to be done and decided, but I never was great at being patient.

Sad news- I thought I was going to get to come to FL for a few days in May, but I misunderstood the meaning of "The Boys and Girls Club Summer Shut-down." Apparently, that just means that we will have no kids, and that we will be working that whole week. So, just kidding. I am not sure when I will get to come, but you can bet that it will be not very long after Titus Sivyer makes his appearance. :) I am very very excited that I will get to take a couple of days off to celebrate my best buddy Kim's wedding in May, but she has not gotten the memo that she should live in Florida, so the blessed event will take me to Mississippi.

I guess that's all. This isn't very eloquently worded or exciting, but I did want to give a little update. Let me just say that I LOVE HEARING FROM PEOPLE.

HINT, HINT.

*Sniff*

3 comments:

  1. i promise that as soon as i get this baby gift finished and out to little elloit, your christmas gift will be on its way as well:) a little late, but going to the post office pregnant with two crazies is the worst! also, i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sniff... this was a good post, what's up with the apology at the end? Heck, i might even go in and smell some candles at B&BW! love love

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad you won't make it in May-BUT looking forward to the day when you're able to visit!! hope you're feeling better today and hope you got AWESOME news today!!

    ReplyDelete