Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Drum Roll Please...

So... I got my score! I got a 158, which for this test was in the 75th percentile. I am not terribly pleased, but I am not terribly upset either. Let me break it down:

Good: The 75th percentile is the cut-off for a lot of scholarships, and it certainly is not a shabby score. I have already received emails from several schools who think I may be a good fit with my score, my GPA, and my demographic info. So that's good. Also, a 158 means that at FSU, I won't have to take the GRE, which is HUGE. And for someone who has been out of school for 4 years and hasn't taken a standardized test in longer than that, not too shabby.

Bad: This score doesn't really set me apart from others. I was really hoping to break 160. I probably won't get into UF with this score, which is the school closest to St. Augustine. :(

So, a mixed bag. More good than bad though, so I am ok with it. Now I am working on my essays and finishing up my applications. More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment