Saturday, June 23, 2012

Video-o-rama

I have been taking a little bit of video to try and show a bit more of the Irish flavor. (And, accents!) So without further ado...


On 6/15 we went to the Aran Islands and hired a tour van to go around the island. It is a fairly desolate but beautiful place. Our tour guide was hilarious and even showed us the house where she was "born and reared."





On 6/22 we took a drive through The Burren region to the Cliffs of Moher. The Burren is an area of Ireland with large limestone mountains. Our guide this day, Jack, told us just about everything you could ever want to know about the area, and was hysterical. The roads through here are suuuuper narrow, and these giant busses just fly around them. It was more than slightly terrifying. 





In the Burren, we stopped to take a walking tour. The guides were all young guys, and were really funny. At the end we stopped at their late grandmother's house, which they have turned into a dessert cafe. Then, one of the guides (I didn't catch his name) just burst into song, because that is what Irish people do.





Our major stop was the Cliffs of Moher. It was beautiful, and very very windy. I do indeed talk in this video, but you can barely hear me because of the wind. Wikipedia told me that "The Cliffs of Moher have appeared on film including in Leap Year (2010), The Princess Bride(1987) (in which they were referred to as "The Cliffs of Insanity"), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009), and in the television programme episodes of Father Ted called Tentacles of Doom and Cigarettes and Alcohol and Rollerblading (1996)."  





On another note, thank you for all of the kind words on my last post. I didn't really realize I had said all of that until the end, and then decided just to keep it in, because that is what is on my mind. This whole thing is mostly a pride issue, so I guess being open and honest about it is the first step. (That is cheesy.) But I will say that it is exceedingly encouraging to know that I am loved and supported like I am. 


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment